BUPA Insurance Short-term Adventure Sports PLAN
Some specifics on which adventure sports BUPA covers and why we recommend this insurance plan:
We like the BUPA because it includes:
- Worldwide coverage for non-U.S. and non-Canadians traveling and participating in adventure/extreme sports
- Competitive/non-competitive sports insurance covers you to and from the event, as well as during participation in sport
- Full-contact sports, surfing, cycling, touring, mountain biking, safari expeditions, hiking, whitewater rafting canoeing and kayaking (up to Class V rapids), and more
- Unlimited evacuation and medical coverage
- Can add Trip Cancellation if needed/required
- Has no co-insurance and no deductible!
- Covers 100% of emergency treatment and medical evacuation PLUS your choice of doctors and hospital
- Also BUPA will pay hospitals and doctors directly where possible so you do not have to wait for reimbursement
Please be aware that BUPA no longer offers plans to U.S. or Canadian residents traveling overseas, or residents from Brazil, Thailand and Nigeria. This plan does insure non-U.S. and non-Canadian residents traveling anywhere in the world, including to the USA or Canada.
FEATURES OF THE BUPA TRAVEL SPORTS INSURANCE PLAN
- Covers you up to age 69
- Includes 24/7 Emergency Services
- Includes free coverage for all children younger than 2 years old
- “Complications of pregnancy” are covered up to the 36th week of pregnancy
- Coverage in many risk and war zones (a loading may apply).
o Iran, Syria, Sudan North Korea, Crimea, and Cuba are excluded
- This plan has a Rescue benefit (Does not apply to search.) The client must be able to give their exact location
- Worldwide Health Options allows for coverage of hazardous sports occupations-these sports or occupations do not have to be done solely for leisure, recreational, entertainment or fitness.
- So a professional surfer is covered under this plan while surfing
- A pilot learning to fly would also be covered.
- This Insurance cover most Professional, League, Amateur, and Collegiate sports, except motorsports and any exclusions listed in the brochure.
- Has an annual, unlimited-trip option, as well as single trip option, if you frequently travel outside your country of residence!
Exclusions – These Sports/Destinations are not covered:
- BASE jumping is not covered
- Paragliding is not covered
- Search and rescue services are not covered
- No Motorsports are covered, whether racing, showing, competing, or training
- Mountaineering (using or requiring specialized climbing equipment such as crampons or ice axes) is not covered
- Rock climbing is not covered
- Expeditions, mountaineering and/or trekking in Antarctica, North Pole, and Greenland are not covered
- Is not available to U.S. or Canadian residents traveling overseas. This plan does insure non-U.S. and non-Canadian residents traveling anywhere in the world, including to the USA or Canada.
- You are only covered outside your country of residence. For example:
- If you are a German, but residing in Indonesia – you are covered anywhere in the world (even the U.S.) but not in Indonesia.
- If you are an Australian living in South Africa – you will be protected anywhere in the world (plus the U.S.A. and Australia), but not in South Africa.