Global Underwriters’ Sports Travel Plan
This sports travel insurance plan covers most adventure sports, even
Great coverage worldwide for most adventure sports, including team and competitive sports, school, intercollegiate, intramural, club and organized youth sports, as well as mtn. climbing, paragliding,…even coverage for
We like this adventure sports insurance plan because it has strong medical travel insurance benefits PLUS participants in team sports.
GU Diplomat International for those traveling internationally (Outside the USA)
- Covers U.S. citizens going on trips outside the U.S. and outside their country of residence
- Such as a American citizen traveling to study martial arts in Brazil
- Such as an American citizen residing in Indonesia traveling to Malaysia
- Such as an American citizen residing in the U.S. but traveling to South Africa
- Covers non U.S. citizens needing coverage outside their home country (country of residence) AND outside the USA
- If non-U.S. resident/athlete looking for coverage in the USA, choose the Diplomat America plan below
- Your Home Country is defined as: the country where you have your permanent home and/or place which you live.
GU Diplomat America for non-U.S. citizens traveling to America
For non U.S. citizens and non U.S. residents traveling from your country of citizenship and outside your home country to travel to the U.S.
- Such as a German citizen traveling to the United States
- Such as an Argentinean citizen traveling to the U.S.
- Such as a Chinese citizen traveling to the United States
- Home Country is defined as: the country where an eligible person(s) has his/her fixed and permanent home establishment and to which he/she has the intention of returning.
Additional Travel Sports Insurance information
Covers both individual adventure sports and collegiate, club, organized and intramural sports such as:
- Competitive Cycling (Road, Track, CX)
- Cross Country/Track and Field
- Field Hockey
- Football (No Division One)
- Hunting/Big game Safaris
- Gymnastics and dance (Non-competitive and competitive but not professional)
- Ice Hockey
- Martial Arts
- Mountain biking
- Mountain climbing (You must have a guide if climbing above 14,000 feet)
- Polo (Horse)
- Polo (Water)
- Rock climbing (with additional fee and underwriting – See Faq above)
- Safari and big game hunting
- Sailing (As recreation, or professional or staff, but not for competition)
- Scuba Diving
- Soccer and soccer camps
- Skiing (Slalom, Giant Slalom, Downhill)
- Whitewater rafting (up to and including Class V rapids)
- Even running with the bulls!
- See page 3 of the attached brochure for all covered sports (incl. those requiring Athletic Sports and Hazardous Activity rider)
Some of these sports require an additional charge/rider
Under this rider, the Medical Expense Benefit is reduced to $20,000 for any Covered Injury or Illness during participation of above sports