SAFE TRAVELS USA ADVENTURE SPORTS INSURANCE FOR THOSE TRAVELING TO THE USA (INCL. TEAM SPORTS)
This is a great plan for those coming to the USA, and one of our most recommended for adventure sports in the USA
Why we like this plan:
- Covers most sports (see below) and is an affordable international travel insurance plan when traveling to the USA
- Covers you from 5 days up to one year with an option to renew for another year (you choose the amount of time)
- Up to $1,000,000 US dollars of medical coverage that includes medical evacuation and medical transportation coverage
- Such as an Indonesian traveling to the USA
- Such as a U.S. citizen living permanently in South Africa, coming to the USA
- Such as an Egyptian, residing in Canada, planning to skydive in the USA
- See more medical benefit details below!
- Professional sports are not covered
- Does not cover U.S. residents traveling or participating in sports within the USA
- Racing of any kind is excluded
Safe Travels USA Insurance Benefits and Coverage
- If your chosen adventure sport/activity is not on the list of covered activities or on the list of excluded activities please contact us. If your sport is not one of the covered sports on the brochure then it most probably is not covered under this policy. However email us or call us with the exact sport you want us to verify (if it is not located on this policy) and we will see what we can do for you.
- Choose from $50k to $1million in medical coverage
- Your choice of deductibles from $0 to $5,000US
- Can get enhanced lost bags, theft of bags up to $3500
- Exposure and Disappearance Benefit, Hijacking and Air or Water Piracy Benefit, Coma Benefit, and Felonious Assault and Violent Crime Benefit, as well as AD&D
- The benefit period is for up to 1yr from the date of your accident or sickness – If you go to a medical facility overseas for a new medical condition, you are covered for that sickness or injury for up to 12 months even if you are in the U.S. or your policy has expired
- We like the Optional Home Country/Follow Me Home Coverage benefit
Regarding Team Sports Coverage:
The Trawick Safe Travel USA plan will cover you when coming to the USA regardless of your choice of adventure sport or thrilling vacation adventure! From hot air ballooning to jet skiing, zip lining to trekking, bungee jumping, even cave diving, Trawick has you covered with a Safe Travels Insurance policy!
In addition, the Trawick Safe Travel plan provides coverage for individuals playing on Amateur, Club, Intramural, Interscholastic, and Intercollegiate sports teams! NOTE: Professional and Semi-Professional Sports are always excluded. Just add 20% to the rate and a for small fee (based on the sport) and you and your whole team can be covered while playing rugby, basketball, hockey, soccer, and many more organized team sports.
Class 1 includes Tennis, Swimming, Cross Country, Track, Volleyball and Golf
Class 2 includes Archery, Ballet, Cheerleading
Class 3 includes Basketball, Diving, Equestrian, Fencing, Field Hockey, Lacrosse, Karate, Polo
Class 4 includes Football (no division 1), Gymnastics, Hockey, Rowing, Rugby, Soccer
Class 5 even includes things like running with the bulls! (In Spain, not the basketball team)
This is a great travel medical health plan that also includes the following sports by choosing the Hazardous Sports Coverage option:
Aviation (except when traveling as a passenger in a commercial aircraft), Bobsleigh, BMX, Bungee Jumping, Canopying, Canyoning, Caving, High Diving, Hang Gliding, Heli-skiing, Hot Air Ballooning, Inline Skating, Jet Skiing, Kayaking, Motorcycling, Mountain Biking, Paragliding, Parasailing, Parascending, Scuba Diving, Snow Skiing, Snowboarding, Snowmobiling, Spelunking, Surfing, Trekking up to 3500 meters above ground and with proper ropes or guides (not exceeding Class V difficulty on the Yosemite Decimal System) Water Skiing, Wind Surfing, Whitewater Rafting (not exceeding Class V), Zip Lining, Zorbing.
The following activities are always excluded under the Policy:
Abseiling, BASE Jumping, Extreme Sports, Luge, Motocross, Moto-X, Mountaineering or Mountain Climbing (exceeding 3500 meters or Class V difficulty on the Yosemite Decimal System), Piloting any Aircraft, Racing of any kind, Rock Climbing, Rodeo Activities, Rappelling, Ski Jumping, Skydiving, Whitewater Rafting (exceeding Class V).
This plan covers trekking up to 3500 meters with proper ropes or guides (not exceeding Class V) Do you need a policy and protection that exceeds this, or includes rock climbing? Try our Global Underwriters plan.
For those traveling internationally (outside the USA) and participating in an adventure sport, or sports camp or as part of a team, try the Trawick Safe Travels International Plan.